Thursday, November 29, 2012

25....things i don't do.

Here's the companion piece to yesterday's post.....and more insight into my little quirks.


25 Things I Don't Do....

1. Drink coffee. Love the smell of it, actually enjoy the taste of it, but my stomach can not handle it. Yet, I can down cans and cans of pop with no problems. Crazy.

2. Use eyeliner, contacts, or eye drops.  Putting things into my eyes is not good. They water enough as it is!

3. Leave home without makeup on my face. Like, not even to walk to the mailbox.

4. Sew, crochet, or knit.   Someday, I might....seeing all the cute things my friends (and Mom) can make, I think it may be a summer project to learn!

5. Eat fast.....unless it's ice cream. I hate melting ice cream.



6. Like blow-drying my hair. I have thick hair, so it takes forever. Now you know why I fall back to the ponytail so often!

7. Go to bed without washing my face and brushing my teeth. It doesn't matter how tired I am, or how sick I am....I honestly can't remember the last time that I didn't.

8. Wake up without an alarm....actually, two or three alarms.   Except for this morning when I slept through all three of them.  I may have had a mini-heart attack.

Two of my three alarms...the other is on my cell phone!


9. Vacuum enough. Or sweep, mop, or wash my floors enough. Just not my favorite chore. Please just ignore my floors if you're ever at my house. It will make me feel much better.

Evidence that I own a vacuum....but how often I use it is the issue!


10. Understand how running "clears your mind". Maybe I don't give it enough time, but all I can think of was how hard it is...how long have I been doing this....how much longer can I make it.....wow, my lungs hurt.....geez, I'm on the verge of hyperventilating...yeah, not fun or relaxing.

11. Like throwing stuff away. I'm an "organized packrat"....but I also like to give away and donate things I don't want or need anymore. So don't worry, I'm not going to be on hoarders.

Before the garage sale this summer.....piles and piles of stuff!


12. Leave work without my desk/counter/tables being cleared and organized. Yes, I'm an organization freak. You should see my binder collection. Scary.

13. Ever desire getting a pedicure. Or full body massage. I know, all you ladies are probably thinking I'm insane right now, but I'm way too ticklish. And I think feet are kind of gross.

14. Like being barefoot. I just love socks. And see #13.

15. Say goodbye to my mom without telling her I love her.

Love you, Mimzy!


16. Wear leather watches, bracelets, sandals, or shoes without socks. Unless I want to break out into an uncontrollably itchy rash. So annoying to have this skin allergy because there are a lot of cute shoes I just can't wear...and leather bracelets....and watches.  (I know...poor me.)

17. Understand the allure of watching race car driving. Or golf.

18. Iron. I own a small iron and ironing board, but I think I've used them once. Either I don't have anything that needs to be ironed, or I just don't care enough.

19. Smoke. Never have, never will.

20. Enjoy talking on the phone for long periods of time. I love talking to people in person, and could do that for hours, but for some reason on the phone is not fun to me.

21. Have any piercings. The ones in my ears closed up, and I've never gotten around to getting them pierced again. With my obsession over accessories, you would think I'd get on that!   My first experience with getting my ears pierced was not a good one...just ask my mom about that.

22. Like to use my air conditioning. I hate the stale, cold air. I do give in on those 95 degree-and-humid days in the summer, but otherwise I open all the windows, set the fans, and deal with it.

Yeah, I "caved" and used the A/C during this heat wave!


23.  Make it through most movies without shedding a tear.  Seriously....even the action movies get me at some point.  And when I see an actually "tear jerker" movie.....well, that's just a scary sight when I leave the theater.

24. Wash my car. I've brought it to a car wash place a couple times, but other than that it's just neglected. I don't keep trash in the car though.....just lots of dirt and dust!  I did take my car in for its yearly cleaning this week.....and took an instagram picture to commemorate this occasion.  :)



25. Take anything for granted. I realize we all feel like there's "more" for us, but I know I'm lucky to have the family, friends, job, and life that I have been given.

(I know.....but I had to end on a sappy note.  That's just how awesome I am.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment