Wednesday, November 28, 2012

25 Things I Do.

Last year around this time I wrote a couple Facebook "notes" which looking back were really like pseudo-blog posts.  They were inspired by another blog I follow that had two "list" posts, and I couldn't help but join in on the list making. 

If you haven't figured it out already....I love making lists. 

So, I'm going to repost those two lists. 

Because this is my 25th post since starting my blog.
And each the lists have 25 items.
And I have another list brewing in my head but don't have the time to finish it tonight.  :)

I did make a few tweaks to the list, because the writing teacher in me knows the importance of revising and editing....and I like to practice what I preach.

25 Things I Do....

1. Make my bed every morning. Even when I'm running late.

2.  Go through more Kleenex every day than a normal person.  Allergies + my dad's genes= I'm cursed with a runny nose. 

3. Self-diagnose. So far, I think I have/had seasonal allergies, psoriasis, plantar fasciitis, and a pinched nerve. And none of these have been told to me by an actual medical professional. I just love google and web md. And avoiding the doctor.

4. Collect purses....and wallets.....and necklaces....and rings....and watches....and hats....and scarves. I'm accessory-obsessed. If my ears were still pierced, I'm sure that would be on my list.



5. Change my clothes almost immediately after I get home from work. I'm just like Mr. Rogers, only slightly more fashionable. And for those of you who have no clue who Mr. Rogers is, don't tell me. I'll just feel extremely old.

6. Always need some chapstick on me or nearby. I just hate having dry or chapped lips.

7. Use smiley faces in emails, facebook posts, and when I sign my name on things at school. And I'm not ashamed of it.  :)

8.  Drink a lot of caffeine everyday.  I'm trying to get better, and I've definitely cut down on the regular pop, but Cherry Coke Zero is my weakness.  And I still treat myself to a fountain Coke once in a while. 


9. Notice spelling and grammar mistakes almost right away, and get embarrassed when they're mine. But don't worry....I don't judge you if they're yours. I just want to fix them for you!

10. Stay up way too late, and always regret it a little in the morning. But obviously not enough to change it!

11. Love to chop, dice, slice.....basically any cooking prep. Plus, I love to cook. I love creating a meal, going off recipes but changing them up a little, and being creative. I just don't like the clean-up afterward.
 


12. Do a crossword, Sudoku, or other brainteasers before bed. When I actually get ready for bed at a decent time, I try to read....but I have a hard time stopping once I start, so usually a quick puzzle is what I'll end up doing.

13. Think thunderstorms are relaxing. I love falling to sleep to the sound of a good storm....

14. Try to do things myself whenever I can instead of hiring someone to do it. Or I just ask my mom to help me.   In fact, I've written a few posts about these DIY projects.

15.  Started a collection of retro and antique kitchen items.  Pyrex bowls are my weakness, but I also found an adorable spice rack this summer that fit perfectly into my redecorated kitchen!



16. Love being outdoors on vacation, but not unless I can sleep indoors. On a bed.

17. Own way more cookbooks, recipes, and cooking magazines than a normal person should want or need. I've also had a "summer project" to go through them, organize them, weed through them, etc....but that hasn't happened yet. And I still buy more.

18. Calculate everything in my checkbook in my head first.....then I go back and check it with a calculator. Really, do I need to do both? No, but I still do.

19. Have a slight obsession with fonts. (not really slight...it's borderline crazy)

20. Write myself reminder notes that I ignore.

21. Go to the movies A LOT. Hence, I have been given the "Celebrity Status" with the theater's rewards program.

22. Eat movie popcorn almost every time I go....but I do show self-control and only eat during the previews.

23. Read (obsess over) book series written for kids/tweens/teens.....yes, I'm talking about Harry Potter, Twilight, and the Hunger Games. And I've been to those crazy movie marathons for them...nerd alert!

24. Will wear the same outfit on Saturdays that Michigan plays football. If they keep winning. If they lose, that outfit is out for the season. I'm just a tad superstitious.

25. Love the feel of cool sheets when you first get into bed, and move my feet around to find those cool spots if I can't fall asleep. Yet, I hate being cold. Go figure.

Tomorrow, I'll post my "25 Things I Don't Do" list. 
Until then.....here's one last smiley for good measure.   :)

1 comments:

Elena C said...

Appreciatte your blog post

Post a Comment