|Everyone sticks a kitchen spoon into the snowbank on their deck to check the depth, right? :)|
It's been a while since my last post....I blame winter.
Just to clarify, I'm not complaining. I've lived in Michigan my whole life, so I know winter very well. I accept that there are months of rollercoaster weeks where we can go from sunny days with temps in the 20's one day, to the 60's the next day with nonstop rain, to a drop back to temps in the teens and lake effect snow the next day.
I don't particularly like it, but I accept it.
So....back to why I blame winter for my lack of blogging.....
Whenever winter hits, I experience a serious drop in motivation. I know there are studies out there about the effects that lack of sunshine causes. So true for me.
This brings today's post.....Confessions, Part II
1. That goal I set for January....to only eat at home? I (pretty much) followed it the whole month. Two exceptions: staff party and a birthday dinner. But other than that, I was Miss Self-Control. And a pro at eating and remaking leftovers.
You would think that would carry over to February......but, not so much.
I did set a new goal for February. Actually, it's for Lent, so it's a little longer than February.
No apps on my phone. No facebook, instagram, pinterest, email, games, photo editing apps, music apps.....if it's on my iPhone and not necessary (phone calls/texts), it's going to be seriously neglected for a while. Not to say I can't check things on my computer, but I've gotten way too attached to my phone, so it was time for a little break.
2. Speaking of technology, I do not understand the need people have with always getting the "next big thing". Like when the iPhone 5 came out, I was asked numerous times if I was going to upgrade and get it. Seriously? Because it's sooooo much better than my 4s....which I just got in April, and works perfectly. I don't get it. Maybe because I've never been someone who feels comfortable spending large amounts of money on material things (because I've never had large amounts of money), but I just don't get it.
3. Going back to the drop in motivation....I have probably spent a majority of my days off (snow days and weekends) over the past couple months doing more unproductive than productive things. And I don't apologize for it. And I'm not ashamed of it. Because if I can spend a day watching Lifetime Movie Network, shows on my DVR, and three seasons of Psych that I borrowed from my 14 year old nephew.....and I stay in my pajamas the whole day....I'm totally cool with that.
4. I've seen all but one of the best picture Academy Award nominees. For those of you who don't know.....that would be eight out of nine. Hoping to see Life of Pi before Sunday's award ceremony to make it nine for nine. Yep, I'm totally a movie addict.
5. Someday, I might need to get a new front door with a peephole. Because when someone comes knocking on my door without notice, I don't answer it. If you know me, you'd call me. If you don't know me, I'm not answering my door. Because I don't know you. And I have a slight fear of crazies.
Now that I've broken the streak of no blogging for a while, I'm hoping that my next post will be a little more productive. Because.....I could definitely use a little more productiveness in my life. :)